IPL Media Rights Tender – The World’s Most Expensive Sports Property and Most Valuable Sports Property: The 2nd DAY of the IPL E auction could make the Indian Premier League’s most expensive sports possession in the world. IPL on Day 1 Cross 100 Cr Per Match Value Mark. It has already left Major League Baseball and English Premier League behind. American Football League, NFL is the world’s most expensive sports venue at 133 Cr per game ($17.33 million). On day 2 of E-auction of rights it will be interesting to see if IPL can REACH the magic number? Follow IPL Tender LIVE Updates & IPL E-Auction Live Updates with InsideSport.IN
- NFL Value Per Game – $17.3 MN
- IPL NOW at No. 2: IPL value per match exceeds 100 Cr / is now rated higher than Premier League. Only NFL is more expensive than IPL rights
- How far is IPL from NFL? Digital IPL RIGHTS are at 48.04 Cr per match value / Indian Subcontinent broadcast rights at 57 Cr – meaning IPL is currently 105 CR per game
- IPL needs another 28 Crore per game to beat NFL.
IPL Media Rights Tender: NFL Most Expensive Sports Lodging At 133 Crore Per Game, Can IPL Break RECORD Today? Follow IPL Tender Live Updates
How far is IPL from NFL? Where should the bidding go to make IPL’s most expensive sports property in the world today? IPL bids are currently at 105 Crore per match value. This means that IPL still needs an increase of 28 Crore per match value to become THE WORLD’S MOST VALUABLE Sporting RIGHT.
The offer stands for 43,050 Crore combination for both DIGITAL and Indian broadcasting rights in the subcontinent.
If the total bids increase by another 11,480 Crores, IPL becomes THE WORLD’S MOST VALUABLE SPORT RIGHT.
The industry is already predicting in favor of IPL: Few like Elara Securities, former IPL chairman Lalit Modi has already forecast a bid above the RANGE of 60,000 Crore for the whole package.
Because of this, the IPL Per Match value will be higher than NFL, which others say seems unlikely.
I predict that this new IPL media rights tender will bring in close to $8-10 billion (between INR 60k and 75k crore). I believe this is the value of a truly world-class global product.” Lalit Modi tweeted.
“I think the unthinkable can happen, IPL must exceed NFL Per Match values. Please note, Rest of World Package & PACKAGE C of 18 games has yet to be auctioned”, said Sports Media Rights veteran and CEO of Sporty Solutionz Ashish Chadha
“I am surprised. Now the bids can easily exceed 50000 crore. stated Harish Thawani, former CEO of Neo Sports
IPL Media Rights Tender: IPL per match value poised to exceed 100 Crore, ‘will overtake Premier League to become world’s No. 2 most expensive sporting property’
The world’s most expensive sports accommodations: Currently, America’s National Football League (NFL) is considered the most expensive SPORTS PROPERTY in the world.
NFL’s per game value is in the range of 17.36 million N or 133 crores per game.
Before the IPL E auction started, the Premier League followed. EPL per game costs about 81 Crore per game.
“We are convinced that IPL Media Rights will set a new benchmark for the sports industry. Don’t want to predict any number. But BCCI is confident it will be a record number.” BCCI’s treasurer Arun Dhummal told InsideSport.
REMARK: In the CHART above, the quoted IPL value per match is 8.5 MN. It is according to the dollar exchange rate in 2018. According to the dollar exchange rate today, the IPL value per match is 6.9 million N (54 crore per match)
The BCCI has abolished the composite bids this time.
A company can bid for all categories, but each of those bids will be considered separate and the winner will be determined based on the highest bid in each category.
IPL MEDIA Rights E-AUCTION Schedule for TODAY
June 13 – Auction starts at 11 a.m.
- Bundle A – Indian Subcontinent Broadcast: Base price in this category is Rs 49 crore per game. The BID is already at 57 CRORE.
- Bundle B – Digital Rights Indian Subcontinent: Base price for this pack is Rs 33 crore per game – The BID has reached 48.04 CRORE and continues today
- Package A+B: Together currently stands at 105.04 CR
- Bundle C† Non-exclusive package (DIGITAL): The much talked about special pack is in Bundle C which includes 18 games and the minimum price in this cluster is Rs 16 crore per game. At 74 matches per season and calculated for five years, the price of this bundle is Rs 1440 crore. 18 games in this pack are: opening game, 4 playoff games and 13 evening double headers
- Bundle D: Rest of World Rights (Outside Subcontinent): Base price for this package is Rs 3 crore per game. The combined value of the reserve price is Rs 1110 crore for five years.
Follow IPL Tender LIVE Updates & IPL E-Auction Live Updates & Check IPL vs NFL Fight for The World’s Most Expensive Sports Property and Most Valuable Sports Property with InsideSport.IN