IPL Media Rights Tender – The World’s Most Expensive Sports Accommodations: BCCI has stated in OPEN that IPL Media Rights Value will set a new Sports Industry Benchmark. But can it really happen? American Football League, NFL is the world’s most expensive sports venue in terms of value per game. BCCI and some industry experts predict that the UNimaginable could happen and IPL Tender could break all previous records: Follow IPL Tender LIVE updates with InsideSport.IN
- NFL Value Per Game – $17MN
- IPL Currently at No. 4 in the list of most expensive sports accommodations in the world. IPL value per game compared to NFL is $8.5 million (54 crore per game – dollar value in graph taken from time the rights were sold in 2018)
- Premier League, Major League Baseball Ahead Than IPL Currently
- Base Price of IPL Tender already ranks 2nd among most expensive sports accommodations in the world by PER MATCH VALUE.
IPL Media Rights Tender: Can IPL Media Rights Value Break The RECORD At 133 Crore Per Game NFL Most Expensive Sports Property? Follow IPL Tender Live Updates
According to industry estimates, the IPL Per Match value in the e-auction will easily exceed 100 Crore. And when that happens, IPL will become the world’s second most expensive sports facility.
IPL will overtake Premier League, Major League Baseball in Per Match Value:
The incumbent, Star India, acquired IPL media rights for Rs 16,348 crore for the period 2018-22.
For the period 2023-27, the BCCI has set the base price at Rs 32,890 crore.
The base price for TV rights is Rs 49 crore per match. The base price for digital rights is Rs 33 crore per match.
From an industry perspective, conflicting views on the values emerge. Few like Elara Securities have forecast a bid in RANGE of 60,000 Crore for the whole package.
Because of this, the IPL Per Match value will be higher than NFL, which others say seems unlikely.
“The TV price per match may not increase more than 20-25%. But the big increase comes from the Digital Rights package. Taken together, according to our estimates, the values can hit 115-120 Cr per match. Anything above that will be very hard for anyone to digest.” said Sports Media Rights veteran and CEO of Sporty Solutionz Ashish Chadha
“I wouldn’t be surprised if it doesn’t exceed Rs 40,000 crore. But competitive heat can take over, Rs 50000 crore. But I really doubt it will get there.” stated Harish Thawani, former CEO of Neo Sports
IPL Media Rights Tender: IPL per match value poised to exceed 100 Crore, ‘will overtake Premier League to become world’s No. 2 most expensive sporting property’
The world’s most expensive sports accommodations: Currently, America’s National Football League (NFL) is considered the most expensive SPORTS PROPERTY in the world.
NFL’s per game value is in the range of 17.36 million N or 133 crores per game. Then comes the Premier League. The cost for EPL per game is approximately 81 Crore per game.
According to InsideSport estimates, IPL media rights, which are currently 54 Crore per match, should easily exceed Premier League values per match.
This makes IPL the 2nd PRECIOUS sports property in the WORLD. Even at the base price, the IPL is now almost equal to the Premier League figures per match value.
“We are convinced that IPL Media Rights will set a new benchmark for the sports industry. Don’t want to predict any number. But BCCI is confident it will be a record number.” BCCI’s treasurer Arun Dhummal told InsideSport.
REMARK: In the CHART above, the quoted IPL value per match is 8.5 MN. It is according to the dollar exchange rate in 2018. According to the dollar exchange rate today, the IPL value per match is 6.9 million N (54 crore per match)
The BCCI has abolished the composite bids this time.
A company can bid for all categories, but each of those bids will be considered separate and the winner will be determined based on the highest bid in each category.
IPL MEDIA Rights E-AUCTION Schedule
- Bundle A – Indian Subcontinent Broadcast: Base price in this category is Rs 49 crore per game. The total base price of 74 Games would be Rs 18,130 crore for five years.
- Bundle B – Digital Rights Indian Subcontinent: Base price for this package is Rs 33 crore per game. For five years, the calculation is Rs 12,210 crore.
- Bundle C† Non-exclusive package (DIGITAL): The much talked about special pack is in Bundle C which includes 18 games and the minimum price in this cluster is Rs 16 crore per game. At 74 matches per season and calculated for five years, the price of this bundle is Rs 1440 crore. 18 games in this pack are: opening game, 4 playoff games and 13 evening double headers
- Bundle D: Rest of World Rights (Outside Subcontinent): Base price for this package is Rs 3 crore per game. The combined value of the reserve price is Rs 1110 crore for five years.
Follow IPL Media Rights Tender LIVE updates and Indian cricket LIVE updates with InsideSport.IN