IPL Media Rights Tender – The World’s Most Expensive Sports Accommodations: With the IPL Media Rights Auction still underway, the Indian Premier League has already set a BIG RECORD. According to the latest information coming in from the BCCI, the IPL Per Match value in the e-auction has exceeded 100 Crore per match value. With this IPL, Premier Leauge has overtaken Major League Baseball to become the 2nd most expensive sports venue in the world: Follow IPL Media Rights Tender LIVE updates and Indian cricket LIVE updates with InsideSport.IN
Now only the NFL Per Match Value (133 Crore) is more than the IPL Per Match Value. But with the auction still going – BCCI can expect to break even that figure.
IPL Media Rights Tender: IPL per match VALUE crosses 100 Crore mark, SURPASSES Premier League to become the world’s No. 2 most expensive sports accommodation: follow LIVE UPDATES
IPL Media Rights Tender LIVE – IPL Rights E-Auction LIVE: The BIG DAY for the BCCI and Indian cricket is starting to yield results.
The BOARD is WINDFALL ready. Already in the 1st HALF of IPL E-AUCTION, bids have crossed the 43,000 Crore limit.
Package A and B are on BLOCKS first. All bidders are bidding from their own premises. The primary fight is between Disney Star vs Sony Network vs Reliance Viacom18.
The BIG DAY for the BCCI and Indian cricket is starting to yield results. The BOARD is WINDFALL ready. The 1st day of BIDDING ends at 6:00 PM. Bids have crossed the 43,000 Crore (USD 5.5 Billion) mark. Package A and B arrived first on BLOCKS.
According to the latest information with InsideSport, Package A is currently 23,000 and Digital Rights Package B for India is 20,500 Crore. The primary battle is between Disney Star vs Sony Network vs Reliance Viacom18 for the BROADCAST RIGHTS†
The other contender in the battle ZEE is bidding on the digital rights and competing with Hotstat & Reliance Jio (Viacom18).
IPL Media Rights Tender: BCCI Up For WINDFALL, BIDS Already Exceed 40,000 Crore: Follow LIVE UPDATES
- @17:15: IPL value per match is over 100 CR – according to CURRENT BIDS: pack A is 55 CR and pack B has already reached 50 crores per match. This means that now only digital rights are more than the LAST PRICE of the TOTAL IPL PACK.
- @5pm: Only 1 hour left before DAY – All bidders still in RACE, bids about to cross $5.5 billion
- @16:45: The BID is currently at 43,000 crore – this is almost INR 7,000 crore more than the total base price of the full rights package.
- @16:40: IPL The e-auction is unlikely to end today – the deadline for the DAY is 6:00 PM. With all BIDDERS still in the fray – E-Auction moved to Monday
- @4:00 pm: Values IPL Digital Rights Cross 19,000 Crore / IPL LIVE Broadcast Cross 24000 Crore – Total BID currently only for Indian subcontinental rights alone stands at nearly 43,000 Crore – All bidders are reportedly still confused
- @15:30: Bidding restarts and the VALUE of IPL rights per match exceeds 100 Crore: CURRENTLY BIDING at 42,000 Crore
- @14:00: In 1st HALF of IPL E AUCTION † Bidding on the RIGHTS has exceeded 40,000 CR – That means IPL rights are already more than DOUBLE the current price
- @13:30PM: IPL e-auction rights to resume at 15:30: All bidders still confused. ‘Numbers cannot be released’, says BCCI Official.
- @12:41PM: 1st day auction continues until 6:00pm IST / The break is from 13:30 to 15:00
- @12:30PM: ZEE likely won’t BID on PACKAGE A / Packet B&C is where Zee’s preferences lie, as previously reported by InsideSport. Sony Sports Network offers on behalf of Culver Max Entertainment Private Limited for PACKAGE A
- @ 12:15 pm: Lalit Modi makes BIG & AWESOME PREDICTION – IPL rights will bring in more than $8 billion – says it could go as high as $10 billion
- @11:55: At Bidders’ request, BCCI allows incremental BIDS to increase to any amount above 50 LACS. Interestingly enough, as interesting as the E-Auction MODULE is, no one from the BCCI or BIDDERS knows who is OFFERING what? All that appears on their SCREENS is the LAST COMMANDED Amount.
- First on the block is E-Auction for Package A & B – Simultaneous BIDS must be placed. 49 Crore base price for package A / 33 Crore for package B Let’s see who starts the bidding war. Bidders are bidding for 410 matches.
- @ 11 AM: Bidding begins, Mjunction, the e-auction agency performs the bidding
IPL Media Rights Tender: See How E-Auction Works?
IPL Media Rights Tender LIVE: Lalit Modi Makes BIG & GREAT PREDICTION on MEDIA Rights Values,…
IPL Cross 100 Crore Per Match Mark: The incumbent, Star India, acquired IPL media rights for Rs 16,348 crore for the period 2018-22.
For the period 2023-2027, the BCCI had set the base price at Rs 32,890 crore.
The base price for TV rights was Rs 49 crore per match. The base price for digital rights was Rs 33 crore per match.
The same has already been violated. IPL according to LATEST REPORTS has exceeded 100 CR PER MATCH VALUE Mark.
The world’s most expensive sports accommodations: Currently, America’s National Football League (NFL) is considered the most expensive SPORTS PROPERTY in the world.
NFL’s per game value is in the range of 17.36 million N or 133 crores per game.
Then comes the Premier League. EPL per game costs about 81 Crore per game.
IPL media rights previously sold for 54 Crore per match. But has already exceeded 100 CR PER GAME.
This has made IPL the second most expensive sports complex in the WORLD.
“We are convinced that IPL Media Rights will set a new benchmark for the sports industry. Don’t want to predict any number. But BCCI is confident it will be a record number.” said BCCI’s treasurer Arun Dhummal had told InsideSport just before the IPL auction
REMARK: In the CHART above, the quoted IPL value per match is 8.5 MN. It is according to the dollar exchange rate in 2018. According to the dollar exchange rate today, the IPL value per match is 6.9 million N (54 crore per match)
The world’s most expensive sports accommodations † TOP 5 LIST
IPL media rights are currently the fourth highest.
National Football League (NFL), English Premier League (EPL) and Major League Baseball (MLB) are the top 3 properties by media rights sales figures by game value.
The top 5 is completed by the Bundesliga, which is valued at 30 Crore per game.
Follow IPL Media Rights Tender LIVE updates and Indian cricket LIVE updates with InsideSport.IN